CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Loneliness - Part 2

I'm better now. Sometimes when I get to feeling so lonely like I had been for the past cople of days, I think it is God tapping me on the shoulder and saying "Hey - here I am - rely on me, not people, to make you happy".

One of my favorite worship songs is "More than enough" - part of it goes "and all of you is more than enough for all of me, for every thirst and every need. You satisfy me with your love and all I have in you is more than enough." I WANT to mean that song when I sing it - but I'm letting down my "fig leaf" right now and am admitting that I really don't understand how to do that completely yet. I am a very relational person and I KNOW that one of my traits of desiring deep, true relationships with people is a good thing most of the time, but can be a bad thing at times when I strive and worry about it too much - when people don't respond the way I wish they would.

I will keep praying for God to teach me how to make him more than enough, and I will keep looking to him to fill me up instead of relying on people to do that.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lanette, I know how you feel about feeling lonely sometimes.
i just wanted to let you know how awesome you are with the highschoolers. As a middle school leader there was a time when I was nervous about us losing our students when they left Oasis, but that fear has left. Lifeline is turned our Relentless middle schoolers into Revolutionaries. ;)
you rock,
Bridget