CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 24, 2005

I'm thankful for . . .

  • Jesus - He's my prince, my saviour, my father, my friend and so many other things. I'm so thankful that no matter what I've done or where I've been, He chases after me and loves me unconditionally.
  • A husband that loves me so much he puts an extra blanket on the bed for me every night before I come to bed - plus he lets me put my cold feet on him.
  • An adorable son who still lets his Mom tuck him in at night and doesn't let me leave his room until we've prayed together and I've kissed him at least a dozen times.
  • My Mom who still wants me to call her when I get in from being out of town and my Dad who says the goofiest things that make me laugh (I'm usually the only one laughing -we have the same sense of humor).
  • A Mother-in-law who has never interfered in our marriage and loves me as much (if not more ;0) than her own son. She's also the one who took me to my first tennis lesson.
  • My nieces and newphews - Airianna, Kayle, Josh and Shaun - they all have a very special place in my heart and I love them as if they were my own.
  • My extended family - as dysfunctional as we all are, we love each other a lot and have a great time when we get together!
  • My good friends who are always there for me to make me laugh and smile: Beth, Ann, Debbie, Corey, Brenda, Todd, Giddy Bob and Denise.
  • My dog CJ who actually smiles and says "Momma".
  • My cat Teddy who hides under the bed and attacks us as we walk by.
  • My bed & pillow - it's the best, warmest, softest, cuddliest bed - it's my most favorite spot in the whole world!
  • My house - Trent's Dad built it and I swear there are times when you can just feel him all over the house. With the water all around us, all the natural sunlight, and the family history this house has, it has given us a huge amount of healing and peace over the last 3 years.
  • My job/ministry working with teenagers. There is no where else I'd rather be and I am so incredibly blessed to be doing what I love and what God has wired me for. I love those kids!
  • My church, GCC - Without GCC I might still be lost, broken and hurting. It takes all kinds of churches to reach all kinds of churches, and I think this is probably the only one that could have gotten me back on the right path.
  • My staff family at GCC. It's the only time I've ever worked a job where they get mad at you if you don't take a day off to spend with your sick kid - it's awesome!
  • That God restored our marriage 6 years ago and is better than ever. Also that Cody, Trent and I are still a family and will always be together!
  • Random stuff like: the sun, beaches, vacations, nature, mountains, avocados, almond joy candy bars, Christmas, tennis, Starbucks, my lighthouse, our shack at Silver Lake, Cody's birthmother, surprise gifts that you don't expect, teenagers that "get it", lazy days when you don't have to get out of your pajamas, Diet Coke with lime, Hacienda, Seashells, Swans that come to my house to be fed, electric bed warmers . . . ok, I better stop now or I could go on all day.
I AM SO INCREDIBLY BLESSED - THANK YOU JESUS, I KNOW IT ALL COMES FROM YOU!

1 comments:

Lindsay Mak said...

That entry was so cute Lanette!!

P.S. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO CHICAGO!

Love Lindsay