CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 18, 2005

An Incredible, Amazing Love


Today Corey and Judy gave a workshop on student ministry. During their presentations they used all kinds of pictures of our students for their power points. Every time a new picture came up and I knew the student, I would have this rush of emotion - mostly which was an overwhelming sense of love for that particular kid.

As the day went on, the emotions got more intense and when Corey played a video of some of our core students from last year, I got extremely emotional, fighting back the tears - I LOVE THESE KIDS SO MUCH! Every one of them has something unique about them that I adore. Being a Mom of just one child I was never quite sure how you loved more than 1 kid in your family, but now I understand. God gives you a love that is deep and endless. I really think that if I was lucky enough to have 1000 Lifeline kids in my life, that God would give me a love for each and every one of them.

  • Do my students have any idea how much I love them, care for them and want the best for them?
  • Do they have any idea how much my own family sacrifices in many ways for them?
  • Do they have any idea that I don't care what they've done in the past or how they screw up, I will love them the same?
  • Do they have any idea that the horrible, bad things that have happened in my life are all worth it when just one of them listens and learns from my mistakes?
  • Do they have any idea that I would gladly, without hesitation, take a bullet for them?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our students are pretty awesome aren't they. :) They will change will this world and their generation.
-Bridget

Lindsay Mak said...

I love you too Lanette! Not even joking... GCC in general has surrounded me with good leaders and influences since the 7th grade. Without you or any one of them, I wouldn't be where I am today. I love you bundles!