CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I once was lost, but now am found . . .


Teddy, my 4 month old baby cat (he's not a kitten anymore, but he's not a full grown cat either) decided to follow Trent and CJ (the dog) on their morning walk at 6:00 a.m. this morning.

Now understand, my husband doesn't go on little "jaunts" - he covers several miles every day. You also have to understand that Trent doesn't exactly love my cat - he just tolerates him because he loves me. So when he realized that Teddy was following him, he tried to catch him, but Teddy would run from him and hide - and after awhile Trent gave up trying to catch the cat. So about a mile into the walk, the cat has a stare down with some labs down the street - ON VISTULA (YIKES - a very busy road). Teddy won't come, so Trent leaves him, on Vistula. That was the last he saw of him.

Trent comes home, and very matter of factly says " you better go look for your stupid cat - he followed me and then he got lost". WHAT??!! Well, needless to say, Trent is in the doghouse - BIGTIME - and I went out driving in the dark, in my pajamas and slippers looking for my cat.

So this afternoon, I get home from my Dr. appointment and Teddy still isn't home - I'm so afraid that he is smashed on Vistula. So I take off walking calling his name over and over all around the neighborhoods - no luck - I'm so sad - my kitty is lost forever. I was getting closer to home and was already planning his little kitty funeral in my head when I look over and he's playing in someone's yard. He looks at me, mosey's over and let's me pick him up - completely oblivious that he's been lost for almost 8 hours!

Now he's back home and safe for the time being and I am very happy and relieved. This cat is giving me more gray hairs than I already have - Trent is still in the doghouse for leaving him - and I'm very thankful that God loves me enough to care about taking care of my little cat while he was lost.

2 comments:

Lindsay Mak said...

Lanette, I love you! I would totally be upset at Trent too. I am so happy you found Teddy and he is all in one piece. It would have been terrible if he got hit by a car!

P.S. Just wondering if you wanted to come to my graduation ceremony next May 28th. The reason I keep asking everyone is because I have to order announcements by November 15th! Crazy.

Anonymous said...

Lanette, I know what it is like to have a lost pet. The panic is almost that of having lost your kid at the department store (almost). I remember when my dog Scarlet got lost when she was just over a year old and luckily the people who found her called animal control the next day to locate us. We had just put her license on her collar the day she jumped the fence. When we went to pick her up - the nice people who found her had BATHED her and fed her and I dropped to my knees and hugged her CRYING. I also sent them a Thank you card.

Dawn L.