CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 30, 2005

If you could do anything for God . . .

Question: If you could do anything for God, you knew you wouldn't fail, and money was not an issue (no obstacles) - what would you do?

Just 2 months ago I posed that very same question (with a little different wording) to a group of 48 world changers who took a week off from their lives to serve abandoned children and the poorest of the poor in Monterrey, Mexico. Here are just a few of the incredible responses:

  • Jacob would love to use his gifting in art to travel the world and paint huge murals of Jesus with all of His names to draw people closer to Jesus.
  • Loretta would love to take her kids and move to Mexico for the summer (or forever) to do outreach. She would use her photography skills to help people become aware of the pain and poverty, plus she would sell her photos to help take care of the orphans.
  • Jon wants to start a biking team to tour the country and spread the message of Jesus.
  • Darrick is going to art school and wants to take his talent for animae overseas. From the money he makes from animae, he would like to start a home for unwanted and abused boys.
  • Lisa would love to open a home for people who have been wounded and have nowhere to go - drug addicts, crisis pregnancies, alcoholics, etc.
Others on the team were not ready to think that big and are still processing that question - I will keep challenging them! To the people that answered and answered BIG - I will keep encouraging them and reminding them of their dream.

Dr. Lori Salierno
Tonight, as I sat in a leadership session with my spiritual mentor, Dr. Lori Salierno (and about 130 other women), she asked that same question! I was blown away at how God used the same question that I asked my team 2 months ago to challenge me and get me to think about this question again. In the past couple of weeks he has revealed so much to me that I can hardly wrap my brain around it - I will start posting some of these things as soon as I can put words to them.

So in the meantime, I would love to hear what your response to the question is. Please post a comment and let me know . . . what would you do for God if there were no limits?

0 comments: