CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Cody and Lanette visit Dr. Oppman's office

Cody had to go get his middle school physical yesterday, and I needed to go figure out why I'm still sick, so they just doubled us up in the same room (the verdict for me is a sinus infection and they finally gave me some drugs to kick it!).

It was very funny because this was the first time Cody had to do an entire physical - you should have seen the look on his face when the nurse handed him the little cup and told him to fill it at least half way. She pointed him to the bathroom and off he went with this "you gotta be kidding me" look on his face. When he got back, she handed him the gown and told him to put it on. After Erin (our nurse at Dr. Oppman's office) left, he gave me another one of those "are you kidding me" looks. Then the doctor came in and gave him his first "turn and cough" test. Poor kid had to endure that AND his Mom being in the room - he's probably going to need therapy after that!

Anyway, it was really strange sitting in the same room that I sat in 12 years ago when I brought him to Dr. Oppman for his first newborn check up. It seems like it was only 2 years ago, not 12. It puts a smile on my face to look back and compare our first doctor visit when he was all safely wrapped up in my arms, to this time when he is a rambunctious, fun loving pre-teen dancing around the office proudly showing me his moves in the hospital gown.

Yeah, I definitely miss the "baby" days when he needed me all the time and he didn't talk back or roll his eyes, but he is turning into such an incredible young man that it makes me look forward to the next few years with him. What an incredible privilege that God has given Trent and I to raise this amazing kid. I can't wait to see what God does with him - he's going to be something AWESOME!

0 comments: