CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Pics from the retreat in Colorado

We were up 10,000 feet on top of a mountain and it was GORGEOUS! Nature is definitely my spiritual pathway, so I saw God EVERYWHERE. This is the view from our campus and Merri took a beautiful picture of the sunrise (she was up early every single morning, much to the dismay of our other roommates!).
This is Merri and John Eldredge - I'm jealous! John spoke at one of the sessions and he was amazing. If you've never read any of his books, you gotta go buy one right now!
Here is my great friend Debbie Mann and I up about 50' in the tree tops doing the ropes course. Nobody really knows it, but I have a fear of heights, so this was pretty hard for me. I'v always wanted to go on Fear Factor because I think I could kick butt on some of the obstacles, but now I'm not sure. Debbie sailed through it and we laughed ALOT!
At the end of the course you have to free fall off of this platform and a rope catches you (a little like bungee jumping without the bungee). We decided that once we were hooked up we would not hesitate and we'd just go - that was easier said than done. We counted to three and jumped - I think Debbie was so anxious to go that she jumped the gun. Look close at the looks on our faces - Debbie has a huge smile and I look like I'm having a stroke! I love it that Debbie was the first one to go! I forgot to let go of her hand and I just about ripped our arms off - I think I had a death grip on her! It was a BLAST and such a great thing for friends to share - we were so glad that we did it!
This is Merri and Carrie getting ready to go - they went before us. Carrie is a girl from North Carolina that we met and she was on work crew with us. We just LOVED her and I'm so glad that we got a chance to get to know her. She is going to Ireland for 3 weeks to go on a singing tour with a group, but we never did get her to sing for us - DARN!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

when we started I was scare but when we were finishing up Lanette got scared. Ha Ha
Debbie