CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 23, 2005

A phone call from the Doctor . . .

It's been 5 days since Cody broke his foot and he's been hobbling around everywhere on crutches and wearing this big, ugly, funky looking surgical shoe (that's pretty traumatic for a 12 year old). I think the worst part was that he hasn't been able to skate for almost a WEEK (that's pretty traumatic too).

So this morning I get a phone call from the Doctor's office that treated Cody on Monday (not our normal Doctor) and they tell me "we looked at Cody's X-rays and the ankle looks good". I said "I'm really confused - he has a broken foot and his ankle has never been hurt". She said, "Oh" - let me get the Doctor. So the Doctor gets on the phone and says that she read the x-ray wrong - it's just a growth platelet that has fused together all the way and he's fine.

HUH???????

So the good news is that Cody doesn't have a broken foot and our record is still going strong (no broken bones or stitches in 12 years). The bad news is that now I'm probably going to have to take him in because his armpits hurt so bad from the crutches.

This was Cody's reaction when I told him his foot wasn't broken.

0 comments: