CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

We're Home!

After traveling for almost 24 hours straight, our team arrived safely home.

Cody and Trent picked me up at the church and greeted me with a dozen beautiful roses - they are the best and I was so excited to see them! I think that Cody grew another couple of inches while I was gone. I came home and took a long hot shower, at some curly noodle soup and am anxiously awaiting going to sleep in my own bed next to my sweetie - I can't wait!

There are so many things swirling in my head right now that I don't even know where to begin, so I'll end this post with a prayer . . .

Thank you Jesus for getting our team home safely and efficiently;
Thank you Jesus for keeping our families safe while we were gone;
Thank you Jesus for allowing me to meet my new sisters and brothers clear on the other side of the world - I can't wait to spend eternity with them in heaven;
Thank you Jesus for opening my eyes;
Thank you Jesus for the 6 amazing women who put their own needs and wants aside and traveled so far to make a difference for you;
Thank you Jesus for the incredible work that the Bible League is doing to spread your love;
Thank you Jesus for showing me that when I put my faith in you, and only you, that I have the power to do anything that you have called me to do.

Amen

5 comments:

Corey Mann said...

Glad you are home.

I smell curry.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a successful mission and a safe experience as well. I can appreciate wanting some good "home" food, I can remember only going as far as Mexico and wanting just a plate of spaghetti and a big glass of milk when i arrived home. Along with the great old standby-a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!!! What a brave lady you are as well as your team. Again, looking forward to hearing more about your mission and experiences.
Lady Di (lucky Bob's sister-in-law)

Laura said...

Glad to hear that you made it back safely! I got to talk to Jeanna once she was back home and hear just a few stories! I can't wait to hear many more!

Judy Gregory said...

Welcome home Lanette. You're amazing!

After you ge some rest, I'd love to hear about the 21 year female church planter that has planted three churches.

Lindsay Mak said...

i hope you had a great time!!!! :)