CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I have writers block . . . or something like it . . . I'm at that place again where I have so much to say and so much is going on that I don't even know how or where to begin.

Yeah - I could put some more pictures up (you know I love pictures), but that just doesn't explain what God is doing inside of me right now.

So, for now, I'll leave you with a page from "The Perils of Ayden" out of Erwin McManus' book "Seizing Your Divine Moment" that is really speaking to my heart today . . .

"I'm afraid", he confessed as Maven stood with him in the place where his quest would begin.
"Of what?" Maven asked in his calming voice.
"For this journey. Have I learned all I need to know?" Ayden queried.
"Ayden," he replied, "you know all you need to learn."
"What should I take with me?" Ayden continued.
"Leave all you have and take all you are."
Ayden persisted "And the path, is it safe to travel?"
Maven looked at him sternly for the first time he could remember and scolded him, "It is not safe to remain! It is not the place but the Presence that upholds you!
This is your only certainty.
Go! Walk where no man has walked, yet you find footprints."

2 comments:

versejer2911 said...

Lanette,

Just wanted you to know I miss seeing you around. Anf with hearing all the stuff that went on in Mexico this year - I know that the trip was sooo much easier because of the hard work you did to help organize it in the past couple of years. My kids had an incredible time and made some huge life changes. Take care and stop by my blog sometime. God bless.

Tim Prugh

www.54808timprugh.blogspot.com

Lindsay Mak said...

i miss you lanetttttteeeee!!!! i am leaving in 24 days. :*(