CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 12, 2006

On Sunday, August 13th , I will be leaving to go on a 10 day mission trip to Chennai, India with 6 other amazing women from Granger Community Church. We will be working with women who are risking everything to start Christian churches in their villages in the Tsunami zone. These women are rebels! They are kicking down the barriers that their culture has set in place to tell people about Christ and give them hope for a better life. They are revolutionaries who are changing people and changing the world. I can’t wait to meet them!

I’ll be traveling 8,580 miles away from my family and friends, and that scares the heck out of me!

I’ll be eating food that I have no idea what it is, sleeping on the floor with strangers, learning to use the bathroom over a hole in the ground, and learning how to take a shower standing in a bucket. Good times . . . Good times! I don’t know exactly what my mission is, but I know for certain that I am supposed to be on this trip, so I am living out my faith and trusting that God is in control, He has a purpose and a plan for me, and He will take care of everything!

Please send up a prayer for my team, for the women we’ll be working with, and for my safety, health, strength, courage and freedom from home sickness!

I can’t wait to tell you all the stories when I get back!

0 comments: