CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 11, 2006

As a follower of Jesus, I will never truly affect the world with His love until I get over my own desires and needs, my desperation and petty bickering - anything I cling to in order to feel better - to feel freer.

I must swallow my pride. Forget what I believe I deserve, and get over myself.

Resist the world's freedoms, embrace God's parameters, allow myself to be accountable and restricted, choose to go without every little thing I want, strengthen my character, determine where I am incorrect, humble myself, stop manipulating God's way to look like my preferences and choose HIS PLAN - HIS WAY - for every detail.

If I can just deal with life and allow God to use those dealings to transform me into the right person - the explosive person, the person with gun powder in my veins - then the noise I make will be worth hearing.

The fire that is seen in my life will scorch the room. The substance of my life will pierce the hearts of those around me. And where I stand, will always leave a mark!

Mark Steele - "Flashbang - How I Got Over Myself"

0 comments: