CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 10, 2006

I have a new kid living in my house . . .

It's funny how things change . . . Cody is 13 now and has always been into skating, dirt bike riding, playing his guitar, etc. Now he's on the Grissom 7th grade football team, he hasn't touched his skateboard all summer, and I catch him doing double takes when a cute girl walks by.

Last Saturday was equipment pick up day for football. When the coach put Cody's helmet on, it pushed all of his hair down to his nose and he couldn't see a thing. On the way home, Cody says "Mom, I think I need a haircut . . . right now". So we pulled into one of the barber shops in Osceola, he pointed to a picture of almost a buzz cut, and off it went.

I couldn't believe the difference! When we got home he put all of his uniform and pads on, and with his new haircut, he looks like a freshman in high school! He outweighs me by 20 lbs. now - he's a HUGE kid. Where the heck did my little 5 1/2 lb. peanut go?!
Wow - what a difference!!

1 comments:

Dawn Lovitt said...

For the record...I LOVE the new cut...awesome.