CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Yesterday Lifeline was invited to come down and help at Feed The Children in loading up boxes for the annual GCC food drop in January. My friend Ted Bryant went early to take the first shift to lead our Lifeline kids, and I was to take the second shift.

When I got there, my friend Johnny Keim was there working really hard and with a smile on his face (as usual - he's always happy!). I looked around for familiar faces of my students and at first didn't see any - then I saw one I recognized - it was Randall! Him and his sister, Michelle, came down to help. There they are in the picture to the left.

At first I was sad (and frankly, a little embarassed) that there weren't more of our students there, but then I got over that and was just really proud of Randall and Michelle for showing up and wanting to help make a difference.

God works in such funny ways - and I was so thankful for yesterday - Here's why:

1. Randall and Michelle's Mom was just a tad late so that gave John and I an excellent opportunity to talk to each of them. I had a GREAT conversation with Michelle, who has gone to Lifeline all year so far and I've never gotten to meet her or talk to her before. I really enjoyed getting to know her and was really glad her Mom was running behind.

2. I worked beside a high school kid named Tim and when we were leaving I asked him and his Dad if he'd ever been to Lifeline. Come to find out, his Dad Max had talked to me last year about Tim coming to Lifeline and getting hooked up with a mentor. Tim has been coming to Lifeline, but hasn't really connected. Now, since I was at FTC, I know who Tim is and we're going to work on getting him plugged in a little more. (Side note - I went to school with his Dad and it's the first I've seen him since he graduated).

3. Towards the end we ran out of boxes and I got to work right next to Cindy Shuder (who just hosted us last week for Chick Nite - scroll down). It was a great opportunity to get to know Cindy a little more and hear some of her story.

So all in all, even though the morning didn't go as expected - God totally turned it around and redeemed it. I LOVE watching him do that! I'm so excited to get to be a part of this big adventure that He has going! I can't wait to see what happens next!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of Randall and Michelle. Those 2 were in my Eagle's Nest when they were in 7th grade, they rock!.