CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 24, 2005

I think I'm a grown up now . . .

Last week I think I officially grew up and turned into my Mother (which isn't a bad thing Mom ;0) First of all there was my first mammogram, and the VERY NEXT DAY I canned soup for the first time - WHAT THE HECK?!

When I was a kid my Mom canned all the time - with help from my brother and I - and we HATED IT WITH A PASSION! We didn't understand why we couldn't just buy beans or tomato sauce from the store like "normal" families. Well, now that I am older and on a quest to be as healthy as possible, I got the "itch".

I called my Mom after I did it and told her "Now I know why you used to get excited to hear all those can thingy's popping" (which means that your soup is sealed up and will be preserved). She was sad that I didn't call her to help, but I told her there was a certain satisfaction in doing it all by myself, like a real grown up!

So there it is, 2 days of work, but it's 100% all natural, good for you and good tastin' vegetable beef soup with fresh ingredients right out of the field - YUM! It took awhile for me to catch on, but I guess you taught me well Mom!

0 comments: