CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

An interesting beginning to my day . . .

Okay ladies, how come nobody told me what a mammogram was really like?! YIKES! I began my day being a responsible adult female and finally getting my first mammogram. I was a little nervous last night, but not too bad - so when I got there today I didn't think it was any big deal. (The biggest deal was that between my physical for my CDL license and the x-ray, I had to don the gorgeous hospital gown TWICE in one hour - now that's traumatic!)

So I go into the little office and was greeted by a wonderful and perky x-ray technician who was very kind, sweet and helpful. She even was nice enough to put a brand new sticky backed soft pad on the machine for me. I am not going to go into any kind of explicit detail (that's just for you Kevin), but WOW - that was much different than I expected. Let's just say that I'm glad I don't have to have that done for another year!

After leaving the office, I did feel really good about taking care of that. My Mother-in-law, Emma, had breast cancer the year that Trent and I got married (16 years ago). She has been cancer free for 15 years and the reason she was able to beat it was because of early detection with a mammogram - it saved her life.

So all my lady friends out there 35 and over, if you haven't done it yet, or you're behind schedule, get up and make an appointment right now! It may not be the most fun part of being a girl, but we are very fortunate to have that technology available and we should use it to our advantage. I'm doing everything I can to make sure that I'm here as long as possible to do what God has planned for me - I'm not letting the enemy take me out early!

1 comments:

Kevin Coates said...

Wow.... thank you so much for sparing me of the booby details. I'm sure one day I will be informed but for now I will just offer my red faced support and say I'm glad things went well! By the way my mom had a scare about 10 years ago, she was fine.