CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 21, 2005

Indescribable - Uncontainable . . .

He placed the stars in the sky and he calls them by name!


Last night my friend and Boss, Corey Mann, took my husband and I to Grand Rapids to see Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman and Louie Giglio. IT WAS AMAZING! Louie talked about how a hobby of his is astronomy and he shared all kinds of pictures from the hubble telescope site.

As he took us through each one - how far the stars and the galaxies are, how big they are, how long it would take to travel there - he kept reminding of us of how BIG God is and small we are, but yet this BIG, HUGE, POWERFUL, AMAZING ARTIST called GOD knows every single thing about us and longs for us to have a relationship with Him - to know Him. WOW!

I couldn't even wrap my brain around the magnificence of the heavens and the galaxies that He has created. What really struck me though is that He didn't create those stars, planets, and galaxies for us (which is what I always think when I star gaze). NO! - He created them to show his glory and his power! The bible says that he holds the galaxies in his hands - can you even imagine how BIG God is? If that is just a glimpse of how BIG our God is and how amazing He is - I am completely blown away by Him again! So you think following God is boring - are you crazy - just look at the things He created around us and you'll see that a life with a personal one on one relationship with the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE is anything but boring!

The above picture is a picture of The Whirlpool Galaxy and the last pic the center of the Whirlpool Galaxy. Do you see what the telescope picked up at the very core of the galaxy - A CROSS!

1 comments:

Lindsay Mak said...

Sweetness!