CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Wow - I've been so busy blossoming I haven't had time to do any blogging! It's been a crazy few days. Here's random stuff that's been going on:

  • I had the flu Saturday and Sunday - yuck! But thanks to my Seaweed Essentials, Vitamin C and the avocado that I eat religiously, I was able to kick it in less than 24 hours.
  • My cat Teddy was missing for 2 days and I was pretty sad. Sunday night we got a phone call around 10:00 p.m. (during the thunderstorm) that he was over in the next neighborhood. We told them not to worry, as soon as it stopped raining he would come home. Well, he never came home and luckily on Tuesday a.m. a lady called and said she put him in her screen porch, so I went and rescued him. I was really, really happy to have him back and I felt so bad that I didn't go get him Sunday night.
  • Cody got to go on a 6th grade trip to Medeival Times in Chicago today - he was really excited about the food they serve - he told me "Mom - they give you a whole chicken to eat". Can you tell that he really loves food?
  • Trent and I got to get away to the GCC overnight marriage retreat and we had a great time. We got to hang out with some of our old friends from small group that we never get to see, and we got to spend some quality time with Debbie and Corey. It was a lot different than the retreat we went to 7 years ago that we escaped in the middle of the night from (not a GCC retreat). Dr. Bob was awesome and we learned a lot of great tips to make our marriage better.
  • I have a list at work of about 35 things that need to be done and I don't know exactly how I'm going to pull that off - But they are all really great things and I'm so excited to have so many opportunities. This time of year always speeds up because we are going into our final weeks of Lifeline for the school year. We've been running the race hard all year, but now it's time to kick it in the butt and finish strong!
  • Cody amazed me last night by showing me a 2 page poem that he wrote. It's beautiful and profound (and no I'm not saying that because I'm his Mom) - you would never know that a 12 year old boy wrote it. Maybe he'll let me post it sometime.
  • I've been very "relational" and "verbal" lately and I'm probably driving my boss Corey crazy, but it helps me work so much better.
  • My dog is sitting here staring at me with drool running out of his chops watching me eat pretzels and dip.
  • Trent and I are getting ready to go out on date night - we're going to go to Lowe's and pick out our new kitchen. Isn't that romantic?
  • I was at the post office today and witnessed one of the rudest postal workers ever. Enough about that.
  • We have been drinking Tim Horton's coffee every a.m. this week (like Starbucks but from Canada) thanks to our good friends Tristan and Amelia - thanks guys! We love it!
  • My niece Ariana came over on Monday and we had a blast together. I love being the "fun" auntie and then sending her home all wound up! I convinced her there was a monkey living in my shower so she's been running around saying "monkey, get out"!
  • We had a really great SWAT today (staff meeting at GCC). Mark Beeson was back from family vacation and we listed to each other tell stories about how they met Christ and how they've been changed. It was very inspiring to hear how so many lives have been totally transformed by Christ. I LOVE being part of a church that is helping people doing that!

Well, I could go on and on, but that's probably more than you really wanted to know!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lanette:

We had alot of fun hanging out with you guys too!!! Some great stories were shared. Alot of laughing. Love you guys!!!

Debbie