CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 06, 2006

I'm Blossoming Baby!

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin

This quote is EXACTLY where I am right now. After going to the student conference at Willow and then going to my new school this week, something intense and extraordinary has begun to be uncovered in me. I've known for a long time that I've been being pulled to change and risk, but it was more comfortable for me to stay in the "bud" where it feels safe than to believe in myself and risk the pain of failing, being rejected or being criticized for who I am. I really know now that being in the bud is much more painful than blossoming and it is truly killing me inside. I'm ready to take the risk and LIVE - really live!

I know that I'm at a crossroads right now and HUGE change is going to begin to take place in my life - God has designed so much more for my life and there's so much more He has out there for me. I am not truly being myself - I'm being what everyone else wants me to be and as of this moment, right now, I'm done - I'm truly done. I'M CHOOSING TO BLOSSOM BABY!

I'm choosing to embrace and uncover who God created me to be and I am going to honor him not by DOING, but by BEING . . . just being . . . being myself, being true, being honest, being aware, being in touch with my feelings, and being the beautiful human BEING that he created me to be.

I challenge anyone who is reading this to really think and ponder on these questions:

What areas of your life are you a "HUMAN DOING" instead of a "HUMAN BEING"?

Where are you staying in the "bud" when you know that you can blossom?

4 comments:

Lindsay Mak said...

So, I want to go to that Heart to Heart group Lanette, but I wasn't at Lifeline to sign up. Can we pay the $5 on the first day of session?

Anonymous said...

Lanette:

I knew this was right for you when you first started talking about it and hearing your voice on the phone Sat., you could just hear the joy and excitement!!! Im excited for you and want to be by your side the whole way.
Your friend
love ya!!!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Lanette! You have a BLOG?? Oh my goodness! I just wanted to say 'hello' - it's Amelia (Tristan's girlfriend). We both have blogs - that is Tristan and I. Check it out: www.xanga.com/burta (mine) and www.xanga.com/tri_stan (his). It's so weird that I found this, I was just surfing the internet...

Dawn Lovitt said...

Wow...that has been my quote to live by for the past two years, I usually have it hanging at my desk but since the move I have not put it up...thanks for reminding me! It keeps you motivated.