CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

What a great weekend!

We had a great weekend at home. I've been out of town for the past 2 weekends, so it was nice to stay home and enjoy it this weekend. It actually started on Thursday night for me because I took the day off work on Friday. Here's a recap:

Thursday
Went to Cody's football game and then had an after game football potluck with his "fan club". Had a bunch of yummy food like sloppy joes, mac & cheese, brownies and lots more! We hung out with the Nicks family, Jeff & Ann and fam, both sets of Grandparents, Aunt Connie and we even had a special surprise guest - Knute O'donnell - I love that kid! After dinner we had a fire ou on the patio complete with s'mores. Yum!

Friday
I took the afternoon off and went to the mall. I can't even remember the last time I went to the mall - of course I didn't plan enough time, but the couple of hours I had was fun! My favorite purchase was an essential oil burner from Bath & Body.

Then it was off to Hacienda to meet Debbie Mann and a bunch of girlfriends. I hung out with my good buddy Kim Stewart most of the evening. Back at Debbie's we played Wii tennis and boxing - it was a blast. We are definitely getting one of those for winter!

Saturday
Got up and off to Farmer's Market and stoppped at Starbucks for my fall favorite - Pumpkin Spice Latte - yum! I spent about 2 1/2 hours at Farmer's Market shopping for veggies to process and put up for the winter. I got 5 HUGE heads of cauliflower the size of dinner platters, 2 grocery sacks of broccoli, 1 grocery bag full of mixed bell peppers, 1 huge stalk of brussel sprouts (Trent's favorite, not mine), 1 bushel of tomatoes for bruschetta and salsa, 1 grocery bag of yellow squash and zucchini, 3 huge bunches of sweet basil to make pesto sauce for the freezer, fresh cut fsunflowers and zinnias to put around the house, almond butter and kettle corn.

Went tailgating with Trent at our friends Linda and Dennis O'Donnell's RV. It was a blast and we saw lots of old friends and met some new friends. Our nephew Josh came over right before we left and him and Cody decided to come with us and hang out with Knute. Our friends Bruce and Jen met us there and hung out with us too. It was a gorgeous day and I LOVE the energy on game day at Notre Dame. it's amazing to me that that many people can come together to just have fun and celebrate with football. Very cool! It was a bonus that ND won - yay!

After tailgating we took the kids and went with Bruce and Jen to Olive Garden for a very yummy dinner (like we didn't eat enough at the game - ha ha). They are a lot of fun and we love hanging out with them. Then it was home and to bed with a cup of herbal tea, my new essential oil burner and the Nicholas Sparks book "Nights in Rodanthe" - of course with Trent right next to me - BLISS!

Sunday
Church on the river (that's when I have my own church cuz I can't get my family going), an awesome pancake and sausage family breakfast that Trent cooked for us, a boat ride on the river in the afternoon with just me, Trent and the puppy dog, Finally getting Cody's room clean, Sunday afternoon AND night football, Throwing the football with Cody and homemade pizza! I didn't go ANYWHERE and I didn't take a shower, do my hair OR put any make up on! You couldn't ask for a better weekend!

1 comments:

Beth Madigan LCSW, ACC, BCC said...

Sounds heavenly. Sorry I missed it all.