CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

I have a dream . . .

Well, actually I have LOTS of dreams, but here's on that's been coming up a lot lately.

Someday, when Cody is grown and out on his own I would love to run a Bed and Breakfast or Resort.

Today for the fun of it I got online to see how much B & B's run and I found this one in the mountains of North Carolina. It's called The Oaks and it's in Saluda, NC in the Pisgah National Forest. It was built in 1895, has 4 guest room in the house, a carriage house with 2 suites, old fashioned wrap around porch and owner's quarters.

I can just see myself hosting lots of personal growth retreats, weddings, anniversary parties, cooking for a crowd, serving morning coffee on the verandah, serving tea time by the fireplace, doing nature photography, picking wild flowers and putting them in each guests room, providing wellness treatements, meeting a ton of new people, taking people out on excursions to hike in the mountains and kayak on river streams . . . ahhhhh!!! BLISS!
The really cool thing is that Cody is seriously considering culinary school for his future - what a great combination. He could run a world class restaurant in conjunction with our B & B.
Anybody out there want to invest?!




1 comments:

Beth Madigan LCSW, ACC, BCC said...

Yes! and I want to spend LOTS of time there too! You can coach/cook/pamper/and retreat me to your heart's content and I say a resounding AMEN!!