CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 10, 2006

You see, I have a passion . . .

A couple of weeks ago Mark Steele came to GCC and told us some stories from his life. He was very intriguing and what he had to say really resonated with where I am at right now, so we went and bought his book, "flashBANG". I took it on vacation and DEVOURED it - I have never read anything like it and it has made a huge impact on me.

When I read the following part, I was hooked. I can't believe that someone has finally put into words what I have been trying to say and what has been rolling around in my head for a long time, and it is this . . .

"You see, I have a passion. Whether or not you believe in Jesus, you more than likely share this same passion. It is the passion to move. To shake things up. To incite change. I see those around me who are hurting, and I want to be part of their solution. Why? Because my heart breaks for them.

I long to leave a residue. An indentation on this world. A scorched mark of what I believe and live on everyone and everything with which I come into contact. But, often, the light show and the bombast of my intentions move the earth but for a moment with nothing left to linger. Many times my attempts at leaving a crater of God result only in leaving a fading echo of my own voice.

My explosions have been nothing more than flashbangs.

Somewhere in my life, there HAS to be an explosion that could truly leave a crater.

1 comments:

versejer2911 said...

Lanette,

I have spent four years doing life w/ you @ Lifeline and let me tell you...YOU MAKE AN IMPACT! It may not be very apparent now, but in the not too distant future as you have the chance through time to see the bigger picture (or the bigger puzzle as Corey would say), you will get to see so many lives in which you have left 'craters.' You are awesome....keep up the great work!

ps: stop by my blogg sometime and look at what Ryan did to our car.
54808timprugh.blogspot.com

Tim