CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Great advice from my new friend Shmuley

As I said last week, I found a new show that I LOVE and am using in my studies for being a life coach. It's Rabbi Shmuley from "Shalom In The Home" on TLC. I thought it was going to be a cheesy show, but I'm amazed at the practical and biblical wisdom this show has to offer.

Here are some great words of wisdom from previous shows that I think we all could use:

Your marriage is not a facet of your life. It is your life. It is not a detail of your happiness, but its source and greatest blessing.

We must raise our children to fear none but God alone.

(MY FAVORITE) The greatest gift that a man can give his children is to love their mother. Conversely, the greatest gift that a mother can give her children is to love their father.

We dare not make money into a commodity by which to purchase self-esteem.

The foremost sin in a marriage is to put someone (even your child) before each other.

Parents today are guilty of believing that they can have healthy children without having a healthy family environment.

There are no bad children. Only bad parents. When our kids act up, it’s time to look in the mirror.

Have you really been successful if the people who mean the most to you, think the least of you?

1 comments:

Lindsay Mak said...

I totally watched this the other night because you recommended it. I liked it too. Boy was that kid horrifying!!! Especially when he almost ran out into the middle of the street. Umm spanking, anyone?