CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Dirty Feet

Quote of the Week:

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet - Ghandi

I've been mulling this quote over a lot in the past day - it really spoke to me and challenged me. How many times have I been part of a conversation where something unkind, disrespectul or inappropriate has been said, and I've done nothing about it?

This quote could also be applied to the shows I watch on TV, books I read, movies I watch, music I listen to, etc., etc. My mind can't be pure and clean if I'm letting/putting unclean stuff in it. I believe that a pure mind leads to a pure heart, and that is what Jesus calls us to.

So from now on, if you hear me muttering something about dirty feet and walking away, please don't take offense - just understand that it took Jesus a lot of years of working on me to get my mind and heart cleaned up and I have no intention of messing it up and getting it dirty again.

1 comments:

Judy Gregory said...

Great quote and insight Lanette. I dig it.