CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A lesson on living, from an 11 year old boy

"I had a great time, and until my time has come,
I'm gonna keep having a good time!"



When Brenden was first diagnosed with leukemia, he and his mom began a new tradition. Every night they list three positive things that happened during the day, and they have to share a laugh. "A chuckle will do, Brenden said, but a fake laugh will never do."
What a great way to connect with your kids and develop a sense of gratitude, even when things are not going your way.

"I was coming back from one of my clinic appoints and I saw this big thing of homeless people, and then I thought I should just get them something," he said. A group planned to gather in his honor on Friday night to make 200 sandwiches and deliver them to the homeless.
I'm struck by the simplicity of this. So many of us want to do something to help, but we don't know where to start, so we don't do anything. Brenden saw a need and quickly and simply figured out how to help. It doesn't cure it, but it meets the immediate need.

"They're probably starving, so give them a chance," said Brenden. Love this!!

Brenden, surrounded by love and wise beyond his years, urges others to follow their dreams. "Mine already came true," he said. Brenden has one more wish for the afterlife: become an angel who accomplishes even more in heaven than he did on Earth. How old is this kid? What a blessing that he was here, even if for only a brief time, to show us that we can bring heaven down to earth no matter what our circumstances.

"I had a great time and until my time has come, I'm gonna keep having a good time," he said. YOU GO Brenden! I can't wait to meet you in heaven someday and see what you've been up to!

0 comments: