CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weekend Recap

Friday we took Cody and his good buddy Austin to Michigan's Adventure in Muskegon, Michigan.

The day started out at the new "Thunderhawk" rollercoaster - we were one of the first ones on the ride (the day was overcast and kind of cool, so there weren't a lot of people - it was perfect). Cody and Austin ended up going on before us, then when they came back we got on, got strapped in and ready to go (I was really excited - it's been awhile since I've gotten to ride something like that). Next thing you know our bars came up and they told us to get off the ride and go back to the line. WHAT??!! I was so confused. None of the workers would make eye contact with us and tell us what was going on, so we all just stood there all confused like. Finally, they came over the loudspeaker and said the ride was down until further notice. We decided NOT to wait and be the first ones on the "test" ride, so we met Cody and Austin and headed out to the other coasters.

Cody talked me into going on the Shivering Timbers, which I've been on before and SWORE I would never go on again! BUT, when you have your teenage boy begging you to do something fun with him, it's hard to say no - so I went - and I SWEAR that IS the last time!! It's a great coaster, but it is just fall, after fall, after fall - I cannot breathe the entire time I'm on it! Cody and Austin rode it a total of 15 times that day - I would be puking for sure!

We had a picnic lunch in the truck with the air on, Trent and I took a nap in the truck (I know, we're old), and then we got our suits on and hit the water park. Trent and I went on pretty much everything and we had a blast. Then the boys met up with us and we all went on the Funnel of Fear together - we strategically positioned Trent and Cody (the heavyweights) across from each other so that their weight would balance Austin and I. When we got shot out of the tube into the funnel, I swear we set a record with how high we went - it was hilarious!

That night we went to Fremont, MI to visit our good friend Brenda who just had surgery and then we headed back to the cottage. It was a long day, but what great quality time. There's nothing better than playing and laughing together!



0 comments: