CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Six Word Memoir

I have been tagged by Beth Madigan (who was tagged by Jaysi, who was tagged by Shannon) to write a 6 word meme for my life.

The idea was prompted by the book by Larry Smith and Rachel Freshleiser, Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure. It's a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet that he could sum up his life in 6 words. His words were For Sale:Baby shoes, never worn. Aren't you curious about the meaning of that? Me too.

Here are the rules:

  1. Write your own 6 word memoir.
  2. Post it on your blog
  3. Link to the person that tagged you and to this original post so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
  4. Tag more blogs with links
  5. Don't forget to leave a note on the tagged blog with an invitation to play

Lanette's 6 Words:

Love God, Love Others, Love Yourself

It took me a couple of days, but when it came to me it made perfect sense. These are the perfect 6 words to sum up how I choose to live my life and what I want to help others do. Without these 3 things, nothing else matters.

I tag Aaron DeWinter and Amber Cox - can't wait to see what you two come up with!!

1 comments:

Beth Madigan LCSW, ACC, BCC said...

Perfect articulation of your life - and words for all of us to live by.