CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 01, 2007

We found a dog . . I wish we could keep her!



Tuesday a.m., when we were walking, this dog came running at us and scared the crud out of us - she looks so scary. Trent tried to make her go home, but she laid down in the middle of Vistula and rolled over for him to pet her belly. I ran home with our dog CJ because I was already mourning the loss of my cat - I couldn't stand to see this dog get hit by a car.


So I kept looking and looking for Trent to follow me but he didn't come - about 20 minutes later here he comes down the road with this silly looking dog following right beside him like she had found her new best friend. It was hilarious!


I didn't want to sit outside with her or be anywhere around her because I didn't want to get attached - I just really don't want my heart broken again by an animal for awhile - but I sat outside and had coffee anyway. She had to lay right by us and be touching us - so was so sweet and cute I couldn't help but fall in love with her. We made the plan to keep her safe for the day and then we would walk her back to the area where we found her. By the time Trent got home, Cody and I had her named (Maggie Mae) and had fallen in love with her - we wanted to keep her!


So, long story short, this is no ordinary dog. She's some type of mastiff (the brindle color like her is pretty rare) and is just a puppy around 9 months old and weighing in at around 90 lbs. (we're guessing). People don't dump dogs like this - she's worth a lot of money - we have no idea how she came to be running around lost like she was. I've tried EVERYTHING to find her family, but no luck. She doesn't have a micro chip - no identification - it's like she just appeared out of nowhere.


Well, at least she's taken my mind off of my lost cat for now!

2 comments:

Lady Di said...

Hi Lanette,
I have a friend named Charlie, I mentioned him to you when I saw you over Memorial weekend, (I was happy to see you again as well as Cody and Trent).
Charlie road his bike from Marco Island, Fl to Gaylord, MI, all about following his dream. Anyway one of Charlie's mantras is: something bad, something good. He used this mantra numerous times on his bike ride, sooo.... think of the mantra in relationship to what life has given you at this time.
Maggie May!!!
Lady Di (lucky Bob's (Giddy's) Sister-in-law, in Michigan)

Julie Smies said...

This looks like the dog from the movie "Turner & Hooch".
You may think you can't keep her but clearly, she thinks otherwise. She doesn't look like the kind of dog I'd like to argue with.