CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Trent's brother, Barry

My husband and his family are going through a really difficult time right now. His brother (middle brother who is 46 years old) is close to dying right now - his organs are failing. Last week he spent 5 days in intensive care where he had to have a blood transfusion because he lost so much blood from hemorraghing. He is suffering from Alcolism and it is killing him - although he would never tell you that. He tells us that right now he is weak from being without food and water for 5 days.

Now he is home with Trent's Mom whose husband (Trent's stepfather) is in full blown Alzheimer's. Praise God that for the past month Hank has had a really good month so that is helping Emma (Trent's Mom) a lot! She really has her hands full.

We are trying our best to help Emma and support her - help Barry and support him. I'm trying my best to be a supportive wife and help my husband watch all of this going on around him. We really don't know what to do except love him and love her.

Last night we did get Barry to get outside for a walk and it took every single ounce of his being to get his shoes on a go down the road about a block. I can't even say how hard it was to watch my husband hold his brother up while Barry concentrated to hard on just putting one foot in front of the other. I am so proud of Trent at the way he is stepping up to the plate to take care of his family and love them. It's really hard when you don't understand the disease of alcoholism and you just want them to be better and not die.

Please pray for Barry, Trent, Emma and the rest of his family.

1 comments:

Judy Gregory said...

Wow - I can't even imagine. I'll be praying my friend. Keep in touch. If you are ever coming through Atlanta and need a place to stay or a free dinner, give me a shout. judy@youthsource.com