CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Surgery was a HUGE success!

Well, it’s been 6 days since my surgery and things have gone beautifully. It was a huge success and I couldn’t ask for anything more!

When they got in to remove the herniated part of the disc it was actually broken off and plugging up my whole spinal column. The Dr. had to take an extra hour to remove it from being wrapped around the main nerve that controls a lot of important stuff in your body (just your legs, bowels and bladder – some of the stuff you like to use every day).

Technically, there should be some pretty extreme nerve damage from all of that (I walked around with it in there for a month), but through the grace of God, a great medical team and a ton of support from my friends and family I am healing and recuperating incredibly fast.

I’ve already started exercise walking (slowly) and my foot is coming back FAST. They said it would take 6 – 9 months for my spinal nerve to heal (if it was going to heal) but it is already way ahead of schedule! I haven’t even had an aspirin for pain.

I truly feel like I have my very own miracle and I am so grateful!

If you feel like having a laugh, check out the funny videos that Cody took of me when I was waking up from anesthesia. Talk about a teenager’s revenge on his Mom! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzGDdCyend4 AND http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH6KGl7XlKM

Thank you for your encouragement, prayers, positive energy, love and friendship. I can definitely say that through all of this I have found what true connection and love is and I have never felt more loved or complete in my life.

0 comments: