CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 19, 2007

Success!

It's been about 12 hours since my surgery and so far it is a huge success! I've been pretty much out of it all day sleeping from the anesthesia, but of course now that it's bedtime I feel wide awake.

Dr. Smith was awesome and he did a great job - my foot is already getting more movement and my bladder and bowels are working great. It looks like the nerve is going to survive! I knew God would take care of me and I am so in awe of His peace, provision and love right now.

The day was flawless - I had great support of family by my bedside, encouragement all day from friends and family, a successful surgery, no sickness from the anesthesia, didn't have to stay overnight in the hospital, and came home to a sparkling clean house with several choices for dinner waiting for us.

I couldn't ask for anything more and I am so grateful!

Make sure you check back on my blog tomorrow - Cody documented the day with film and video and it is hilarious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad to hear your surgery went ok. I'm thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

Lanette-so glad to hear aboout the successful surgery. Want to see you back on the tennis courts A.S.A.P.

Jeanna said...

YAY! I am so thankful all went well and that you are on the path to a good recovery! You were in my prayers all day...

Can't wait to see these pictures - should make for an interesting blog!