CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My day off (Monday)

Monday is my day off (normally) and I LOVE my Mondays because I get to stay home and do stuff around the house - in fact, I call it my "Domestic Day". I have the house all to myself and I usually get to have a GREAT quiet time in the a.m. without having to rush around anywhere. Sometimes I take a nap and sometimes I don't even take a shower or get dressed until right before Trent gets home!

Yesterday was a little different, I got to play tennis in the a.m. with my good tennis buddy Denise, who I just love to be around. She's the only person I know that when I get a great serve and ace her she apologizes to me - she's just an all around nice girl - except when she's beating me!

In the afternoon I went and picked Cody up from school to go to an orthodontist appointment with Dr. Long. We've already been to one orthodontist, but we wanted to check out a couple before we committed. We realy liked Dr. Long and he came highly recommended.

Yes - Cody is getting braces, but the good news is that he doesn't need them for very long, probably just about a year or so. Here's the not so good news, I have to get braces too, so we've been going through this together. Can you even believe that I'm 40 years old and have to get braces with my 12 year old? UGGHHHHH. I have some problems with my jaw and a crossbite that is getting worse as I get older, so if I don't want to look like a freak when I'm 55, I need to get it taken care of. The bonus is that I will have a much better smile when they're done, and I have always dreamed of having a nice smile that I'm not ashamed of. So that's the silver lining that I'm going to hang onto.

After the appointment Cody and I went to the mall so that he could spend some of his report card money (he's very smart so the deal that he made with his Dad about getting $20 for every A is really killing his Dad's cash flow). We went to Pac Sun and got to see Hilary Ballard, which was a great treat - I love that girl and miss her so much! It ended up that they were having a really good sale - we walked out with new shoes, new jeans and a new shirt for Cody, but he didn't spend any money - I have no idea how that happened except that he's totally spoiled and lucky he's an only child!

Then it was off to my niece and nephews house to give them their birthday presents (which we bought at Pac Sun). Josh and Kayle turned 14 - I can't believe how grown up they are - It seems just like yesterday that they were born. They are GREAT kids and I love them so much!

Trent came home and we cooked dinner on the grill together and had some great chat time. We had a nice family dinner (I always fix a good meal on Mondays) and then Trent and I got in the hot tub after dinner and watched the sun set on the river. It was a really nice day - Mondays are awesome!

1 comments:

amberWIRE said...

Lanette,
I think its great that you are getting braces too! How fun will it be to experience the same thing as Cody at the exact same time as him?!?!? Not many mom's can say that truthfully!