CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 17, 2006

A Great Weekend

After a pretty tough week last week, we were blessed with a great weekend. Since the weather was so nice we headed up to the shack at Silver Lake to get it opened and cleaned up for Spring.

The first weekend up is usually no fun because it's normally cold and rainy and we have to work our booties off all weekend - cleaning, raking, washing windows, turning everything on, etc. This weekend the weather was gorgeous and we got EVERYTHING done that we needed to do. Now the next time we come up we can just have fun! We are a month ahead of schedule, normally we don't get this stuff done until right before Memorial Day weekend -woo hoo! (Thanks to our friend Gary who headed up the horrible job of wet leaf raking and even has the blisters to prove it).

Todd, Brenda, Nicole and Aaron - and Bob and Denise - our dear friends that we hang out with all summer were up too. Todd is our friend who went into cardiac arrest last fall and was revived - the doctors thought for sure he would be brain damaged because he was without oxygen for a very long time. He is doing really good and only suffers from some short term memory loss - a true miracle. We all have gotten so close over the summers - we do everything together - and it was so great to be together again!

On Sunday we got up at 5:00 a.m., got dressed for church and headed home to catch the 8:45 service at GCC. We made really good time, but we cut it just a little too close and didn't make the 8:45 so we went to 10:15 instead. It was a great service and a great way to start Easter Sunday.

Then my side of the family got together and went to Doc Pierce's for family dinner and it was very, very good and not busy at all. They all came back to my house for an Easter egg hunt for my little niece Ariana and dessert. My cousin Matt and his girlfriend Kristin made a family announcement that they are going to have a baby in October, so that is very exciting that we're going to have another new baby in the family!

Sunday night Trent and I sat on the couch and watched "The Wedding Date" (not sure if I liked it or not - it was kind of weird, but there were some quotes from it that I really liked). Even though I was really looking forward to a Sunday night home with my boys, I wasn't really relaxed because I kept feeling like I should be somewhere (Lifeline) or doing something
.

When I look back on the weekend, nothing extraordinary happened, but what made it a great weekend was spending time with people that I love and care about - I am learning that that is truly what life is all about!

1 comments:

Svetlana Romanov said...

Don't you dare ever suggest that I eat fish again... just kidding.. but seriously!