CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 29, 2006

I Lost!!!


I lost my tennis match - I think I jinxed myself by putting it on my blog!

The match started out good - I won the first game fast - then my opponent got serious and we battled it out really hard. The first set was sad - 6 to 1 (me being the "1"). The next set I focused even more, used a ton of strategy, and I started out strong. We were neck in neck and I almost had her - we were headed for a tiebreaker so that I could have the second set and at least I could have said we tied - when I threw the last game away - every single ball I hit went out of the court - and I LOST - UGGGHHHHH.

It was at that moment that I SNAPPED and went completely psycho - I don't know what happened to me. I threw my beautiful new Wilson N Code racquet across the court, grabbed my water bottle and headed up to the net. As she came up to gloat and tell me "great game", I just emptied my water bottle right in her face.

She was shocked for a second, but then she grabbed me by the hair and pulled me right over the net - then it was on and we went at it hard. The girls from the other courts came running over and had to pry us off of each other - it was nasty. Roger who runs the South Bend Racquet Club came out yelling and told me that my membership was officially terminated. When I heard that, I turned on Roger and tackled him right on the tennis court and demanded my money back for the remainder of the season . . . . ha ha, got ya! Did you really think that I would do that?! None of the last 2 paragraphs is true!

All of that was just to take your mind off the fact that I lost and am no longer undefeated - but I don't really care, we had a great match. Afterward, my opponent and new friend Minde and I sat around and talked about God, church and babies. We had a great time playing each other and to be totally honest she deserved to win - she's a better player than I am - but I'll get her next season!

0 comments: