CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

TV Interview - after thoughts

WHEW - am I sooooo glad that is over. I didn't really think I would get as wound up as I did, but by Monday night I was a nervous wreck! It was a crazy, hectic 2 weeks getting prepared - my Dad and I COMPLETELY revamped my website and I had to put together FOUR coaching segments. Man was I tired. Boy did I wear my Dad out!

I hardly slept at all Monday night. Every time I woke up with a nervous stomach I just prayed and fell back to sleep. When I woke up I was almost as calm as a cucumber - in fact, if you can believe it - I was all ready to go and wasting time before I had to leave in the morning. AND I actually arrived at the studio 15 minutes early! Now anyone that knows me has to know that was God working a miracle! ha ha

I found out about 15 minutes before the show started that my friend Kelly Morgan could not make it to the show that day so Debra would be doing the interviews. That kind of threw me for a loop for a second, but I just relaxed and went with it. It ended up being much different than I had planned, but I learned a beautiful thing - it's much better for me to speak straight from my heart rather than from my memory or my head. Everyone has told me that they couldn't believe how calm I was (I was really peeing my pants on the inside though - jk) - but that's because I got the chance to speak from my heart and what I'm passionate about.

It was an incredible experience and I'm so grateful for the opportunity. THANK YOU to my wonderful and amazing friends and family who supported me through this. I couldn't have done it without knowing you were backing me up!

The 4 segments will be on my website shortly - I'll put a link in when I get them. Rumor has it the 2nd segment might be shown on Monday.

1 comments:

Beth Madigan LCSW, ACC, BCC said...

Cannot wait to see all you have to offer. Thanks for reminding us to "think on these things". It always puts life in perspective. You go Super Star!