CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's amazing what you can see when you stop and really look

We have some property in Granger that we use for camping and dirt biking. It's about 7 acres of woods, surrounded by corn fields and has a small swampy pond on it. I used to go out there often to have my quiet time or do my exercise walk around the track, but I got out of the habit and kind of forgot about it.

Yesterday I had to be out of the house for a couple of hours so I loaded up the dog and some work and headed out to the property. When you first pull in it's nothing fabulous looking, but as I was walking around the track with the dog and just hanging out with God, all of a sudden my eyes were open - I slowed down and started really looking at things that were all around me and it was beautiful! I went and grabbed my camera and started looking and shooting - trying to capture all of the amazing things God was showing me are right under my nose all the time, but I'm so busy rushing around I don't take the time to see them.

He has placed the beauty and magnificence of creation ALL around us. It's His way of telling us that He's there - He sees us - He loves us. Scripture says that Jesus sings over us - for me one of His most beautiful melodies (and the one I'm able to hear the most) is this amazing earth and all of it's creation. What a beautiful song! I pray that I will continue to live with my eyes wide open and see all of the beauty that God has for us every day.

When I became still and just sat on the edge of the pond, the yucky muck pond turned into something fabulous! There were all kinds of wild life having a blast in that pond. I always saw it as a yucky old swamp, but it's so much more.

Here's a little dragon fly on a leaf boat getting a drink of water.

The pond is filled with frogs - I love frogs and always have so I had a great time looking for them. I think they're fascinating!

I had never been in a cornfield before and was amazed at how cool it was.

This is what it looks like inside a cornfield. I thought it was cool how all of the leaves bend and make a tunnel.

Here's another little dragon fly taking a rest on a leaf. This was the first time I've ever seen one without his wings moving - he must have been tired!

0 comments: