CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

OUCH!

OUCH! I had dental work done today and my jaw is killing me. This is the start of a long journey I will be on for 2 years! My jaws are shifting, making a severe crossbite that is going to get really bad as I get older, which will not only look bad, but will cause some health problems.

In order to fix it right, I have to have orthodontics to move my jaws back into place. I am not excited, but am happy that in the end the bonus will be that for the first time ever in my life I'll have a beautiful smile! That's what I'll think of through this entire painful and financially exhausting process!

Here's the schedule:

  • Today - temporary crown on my back molar to support the orthodontics
  • 2 Weeks - Put the permanent crown on
  • 4 Week - Another temporary crown on the other back bottom molar
  • 6 weeks - Put the permanent crown on
  • January 8 - Go in the a.m. and have some of my cosmetic dentistry ground off and removed, in the afternoon go see Dr. Long and have my braces put on.
  • January 2010 (are you kidding me?) - HOPEFULLY braces off, straight jaws, straight teeth and trip to Dr. Benefiel to put the veneers back on my front teeth and fill in all of my ugly silver fillings (that's my bonus to myself).

When all is said and done it'll set us back about $12,000 and I'll be 44 years old. Oh well, at least Cody and I can share appointments for awhile!

0 comments: