CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Reflectons of 2006

2006 . . .

Was the toughest and the best year of my life - all at the same time

My heart was truly broken in a million little pieces

I found out who my real friends are

I finally had the courage to “step out of the boat” and almost sank

I learned how to be still and “just breathe”

I took a risk and told someone I loved what I really thought and it hurt a lot

I finally started putting my demons from the past to rest

I got to go to India and make friends with some of the most beautiful and amazing women I’ve ever met

I questioned everything

I completely gave up on religion, but not God

I started believing things for myself, not because someone told me to

I decided to live my life without the “masks” that I wear

I decided to just be myself – no matter what anyone else thinks

I learned many times that God does answer prayer, just not the way you think he should

I learned a whole new career in 9 months

I found out that when I’m in my sweet spot, I love to study and learn and that I’m actually smart

I realized that I cannot live without true, authentic connection in my life, and I won’t settle for anything less

I had a new revelation – I don’t WANT to change the world – I WILL change the world!

Most of all I learned that God is real and that He sees me, loves me and knows what is best for me. He is much bigger than I ever dreamed – He truly is everywhere and in everything if you just look for Him. I learned that I can trust Him to take care of any situation, I just have to be patient because it doesn’t always get solved the way I think it should. God has proven to me time and time again that He has a plan for me and it is much bigger than I could have ever dreamed. I love how He has been with me every single step of the way – even when I wasn’t doing the “right thing” (whatever that is) - He was there holding me, loving me and healing me the entire time.

It may have been one of the toughest years of my life, but I wouldn’t trade any of it. What God showed me and what I’ve learned from all of this is priceless and I am truly a different person than I was a year ago.

All I can say for 2007 is WATCH OUT ‘cuz I’m back and I’m ready to go!

1 comments:

amberWIRE said...

Hi Lanette! Just wanted you to know that I love reading your blog and visit it often. Thanks for posting!