CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Thanks to my friend Chris Infalt

This is my friend, Chris Infalt - her desk is right next to mine at GCC and she works for Oasis, the middle school ministry. We also are neighbors up at Silver Lake, although we dont' get to see them up there much lately.

Yesterday I was struggling with something and was about to either burst into tears or burst into a fit. She came upstairs to our office and I just let it out and told her what was bothering me because I knew she would understand. Not only did she understand, but she has such a quiet and wise way of pointing out how Jesus would want us to respond. Not in a preachy way, but in a very kind, loving and compassionate way. She totally helped me get my head screwed back on the straight and reminded me of some VERY important things.

That's not the first time she's done that (and probably not the last) - I remember several times when I've been so torn up and crying over something that has happened to one of my students and she would stop what she was doing and calm me and pray with me; another time my little kitten disappeared into thin air and I was so sad - she stopped what she was doing again and asked to pray with me; she is a great Mom and has 3 wonderful boys so I can't even count how many times she has given me extremely valuable advice on raising a boy; her Mom had Alzheimer's and when she was sick I would ask Chris about her and she was always so strong about the horrible disease that was stealing her Mother from her - every time we talked about it she always found something good to praise God for - and the list could go on and on.

In Proverbs 31 it talks about the "Virtuous Woman" and it reminds me so much of Chris ". . . She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with widsom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue . . . Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all . . ."

Thanks Chris for being such a great friend and a great example to me - you have definitely made my life better by knowing you. Thank you for all the important "behind the scenes" stuff you do for middle school kids at Oasis. Your love and passion for Jesus and middle school students is an amazing example for us all.

1 comments:

Lindsay Mak said...

Chris is awesome!