CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 30, 2006

Mission Mexico 06!

Tonight is our first meeting for our Mission Mexico '06 trip to Monterrey, Mexico with Lifeline, and I can't wait! This will be our 3rd year going down to Monterrey and serving with Matt & Julie Cooper at Back 2 Back Ministries. This trip is INCREDIBLE and has changed me for life - I wish that I could stay all summer long! The trip is July 22 - 29th. Tonight is the information meeting for people who are interested in going (6:30 - 7:30 in the Heir Force Room). I can't wait to see who shows up and wants to be on our team! I can't remember this little cutie's name, but isn't she adorable? She lives in Casa Hogar Manatial de Amor - she was abondoned by her parents. I wish I could bring her home to live with me - I wish I could bring them all home to live with me!
This is a Mom and baby who live in the Rio. The Rio is basically a garbage dump that people have used trash to build their shacks with. Milk here in the Rio is pretty much unheard of (no money and no refrigeration), so the babies drink water and pop in their bottles. Most of them have their baby teeth rot out before they fall out naturally. We'll be doing quite a bit of outreach here at the Rio, and again, I can' wait!
This is Erin Koczan, Brittany West, Jim Ralstin (in the back) and I at the Rio when we did an afternoon outreach last year. We were the "balloon crew" - we must have blown up at least 1000 balloons and handed them out to kids - it was a blast!
This is part of our team from last year. We took 49 Lifeline students and leaders. During the day we would split the team in two and spread out to work at 2 different children's homes - this one is at Casa Hogar Douglas, just down the road from Back 2 Back. We helped build a sports court (basketball and such). It was in the beginning stages and we mostly picked rock, dug trenches, and built rebar. It was incredibly hard work, but our team did an amazing job. It will be exciting to see how far it has come when we get back there this year.

Did I mention - I CAN'T WAIT!!!

1 comments:

Lindsay Mak said...

The top picture is Ariel. And she was one of my favorite kids too. Me and Tammy hung out together at the water park, and she was one of our kids... I remember when she was crying because she wanted popcorn, but we didn't know!!!