CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wellness Wednesday - Find something you love to do!

The key to getting exercise and staying fit is finding an activity that you LOVE to do. I found out later in life (when I was 35) that I LOVE to play tennis. It exercises my heart, my body AND my brain.

What are some things that you like to do that wouldn't feel like exercise?


How about walking the dog, ice skating, roller blading, golfing (without the cart), hiking, swimming, playing Wii, pushing your baby in the stroller around the mall, yoga . . . the list is ENDLESS!

"Participation in regular, moderate intensity exercise has been shown to contribute to a lowering of the body's vulnerability to potentially harmful bacteria and viruses. In addition to its impact on the immune system, exercise also has been widely credited with decreases in the incidence of diseases such as heart disease, osteoporosis and cancer." Click HERE to see the entire article from the University of Pittsburgh.

It's also true that if you exercise regularly (4-5 times per week) it's equivalent to getting the flu shot - pretty amazing, huh?

With those kinds of benefits, why WOULDN'T you want to find something fun to get you up and moving????? Come on let's go - get on up off that couch and sign up for a kick boxing class!

In the top picture is my friend Carrie Walker - we played doubles in Elkhart today at East Lake and had a great time together (yes, we won, but that's not what it's all about . . . JUST KIDDING! Of course it's all about wining).


The second picture shows some of my travel team: Tonya, Danielle, Jennifer, Carrie, Elaine, Karla, Me, Melissa. What a GREAT bunch of girls . . . and they can kick some booty on the tennis court too!

1 comments:

Beth Madigan LCSW, ACC, BCC said...

I try to keep jealousy at bay but...I admit that in this case I cannot. I want to play too!! Rock on girls!