CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 01, 2008

Motivational Monday - "Christmas Can Still Change The World"

The story of Christ's birth is a story of promise, hope, and a revolutionary love.
So, what happened? What was once a time to celebrate the birth of a savior has somehow turned into a season of stress, traffic jams, and shopping lists.

When it's all over, many of us are left with presents to return, looming debt that will take months to pay off, and this empty feeling of missed purpose.

Is this what we really want out of Christmas? What if Christmas became a world-changing event again?



Question: What are some ideas or thoughts you have on simplifying your Holiday Season this year?

Please post a comment and let us all know!

Thanks Ted Bryant for sharing this video - you can check out his blog by clicking HERE

Click HERE to see where the video came from - it's a very cool website adventconspiracy.org

2 comments:

Lanette Rajski said...

My side of the family is going to do our first Christmas Gift Exchange. Instead of buying for everyone, each person will bring one gift to put in the pile under the tree. Then we will draw numbers to see who picks a gift out first. The fun part is that when it's your turn, you can either pick another gift from the tree or you can steal a gift from someone who has already opened theirs. I'm really excited and think it will be a lot of fun. I can't BELIEVE how good I feel knowing I already have everything done for that side of the family AND we're going to connect in a way we never have before.

Beth Madigan LCSW, ACC, BCC said...

What a wonderful video! our family has been discussing ways to simplify, cut back, and give. I love the idea of helping to solve the clean water problem in the world. One of my own prized possessions is my stainless steel thermos. It goes with me EVERYWHERE, even next to my bed at night. I have clean water (with lemon) whenever I want it - and I want it often, in copious amounts. It is a blessing I want to share. Thanks!