CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 17, 2007

My New Journey . . .


3 weeks ago I was just minding my own business, winding down the summer and looking forward to working on my Life Coaching practice this fall (which, by the way, is going really well), when out of nowhere – BAM! – God grabs me and points me in an entirely different direction.

Well, it wasn’t exactly an ENTIRELY different direction, it was a path I’ve been on before and thought that God was finished with.

Are you sitting down?! I've agreed to accept the job of Youth Director at Waypoint Community Church in Middlebury. I will be working with some of my favorite people in the whole entire world, Blair and Tracy Carlstrom - Blair is a new pastor there.

I will still be doing my life coaching practice, and I will also do the youth job for one year (it’s a temporary gig). It’s really cool because with my life coaching I am specializing in family and relationship work, so the 2 fit hand in hand. Eventually I'm hoping to incorporate family work into the ministry too.

The beauty of this is that the youth ministry is very important to Waypoint and has been very successful, so I have incredible support. Blair and I will be working together with middle school and high school students to help them connect with God and with each other – it will be focused all around relationship, connection and every day things they are dealing with. Instead of preaching at them, we will raise a topic and ask questions so they can talk it out. I will get to use everything that I learned in coaching school and apply it to youth ministry. Funny how God does things like that! It's so awesome!

My good friend Judy Gregory summed it up for me and really helped give me the confidence to take this on (thanks Judy!):

"Lanette, you belong in youth ministry. You have the passion and the drive. As an AA, you were in the right department, just the wrong position. I think you came away with a whole lot of great memories from the experience, but a few scars too. I just think you needed a little time to heal in between, so that God could redeem it all. Even if you do nothing beyond being yourself, you are going to do and be incredible!"

I am so grateful for this new direction and new journey and can’t wait to see what God is going to do!

1 comments:

Jeanna said...

This is so perfect for you! I am so happy for you and I know God is going to use you in amazing ways!