CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Motivational Monday - A Lesson in Hitting

"It's not about how hard you hit - It's about how hard you can GET HIT and keep moving forward"
Much to my surprise, I found an incredible motivational speech by Rocky Balboa to his son. I know, I know, it sounds corny, but I guarantee you it's not! I LOVE it! Make sure to watch the quick 2 minute video ALL THE WAY TO THE END!


If you're a parent, you will LOVE this and it might be something you want to share with your teenager and/or family at dinner tonight.


Here are some of the highlights:


When you were little I held you in the palm of my hand. I told your Mom "this kids going to grow up to be the best person I know"

Somewhere along the line you changed – you stopped being you. When things got hard, you started looking for something or someone to blame.

Let me tell you something you don’t know – the world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there if you let it.

Nobody hits as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.

If you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her or anybody.

Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that! Until you start believing in yourself, you ain’t gonna have a life.

1 comments:

Beth Madigan LCSW, ACC, BCC said...

I didn't see that movie but I LOVE this video. I have been reading Atlas Shrugged again - the first time was in college 35 years ago. This is a message for our times if ever there was one! Thanks!