CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 25, 2008

A trip to the Yucatan!!

Finally - Trent and I get to go back to the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico (specifically the state of Quintana Roo). It's our favorite place in the whole entire world and I'm convinced I will live there someday (long story - just ask me sometime). It truly is one of the most beautiful spots in the entire world - when we're there it's the strangest thing but I feel like I'm home.
We'll be mixing our trip up a bit and doing A LOT of exploring this time!
We will stay 2 days at Hacienda Chichen in the jungle visiting the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza (one of the new 7 wonders of the world). Then we will drive to Akumal (about an hour south of Cancun) and stay in a gorgeous ocean front Penthouse condo.
For our anniversary on May 20th we will drive down to Tulum and stay in this amazing eco-resort Azulik - it's PARADISE! There are only 17 cabanas and there is no electricity. I can't wait!! We're going for our anniversary but I'm also in the middle of planning some women's spirituality retreats down there too. I'll keep you posted on that!


Each cabana is directly on the ocean and is lit with candles only, has a hollowed out tree trunk for a bathtub, a lounge bed suspended from the ceiling and the main bed covered in mosquito netting. It's just one step up from camping but will be so romantic!

Everything at this resort is done all natural - there's even a tree trunk hot tub out on the beautiful terrace overlooking the ocean.


Here's the view right outside the cabanas. WOW!

0 comments: