CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 02, 2007

Feeling menopausal, pregnant and jacked up on caffeine

The past 2 weeks have been very interesting - I'm on steroids to help recover from my surgery and to help heal my spinal nerve damage. Of course, I was scared to death to take it (you know me, miss all natural), but I knew I had to do it.

The first 2 days it didn't really affect me, then - holy cow - it's like being pregnant and menopausal at the same time with about 10 pots of coffee thrown in!!

I'm constantly "wired" and I'm really, really sassy (I'm not my normal laid back self - Trent and Cody just look at me because I get so wound up about stuff). My heart gets beating really fast and my chest, neck and face turn red - it's hilarious - we just have to laugh.

I HAVE to eat every hour and a half or two - it must be what being pregnant feels like. I'm trying to eat a lot of proteins, vegetables and fruit to help my body heal, but it's like there's an alien inside my stomach. I will actually stand in front of the frig and chug chocolate milk from the carton. I order huge meals and eat it all, and I don't leave home without at least 2 snacks. Cody and Trent think that's hilarious too.

Steroids make your body produce a layer of energy (better known as FAT) right under your skin - that's why I'm so wired. Of course, I'm fat too! My face is really chubby and I have a layer of "blub" all over me. The great thing about this is that all of my wrinkles on my face are filled in for now! Cody and Trent think that's hilarious too.

Insomnia is a side effect too. I go to bed about 11 or 12 and at 4:00 a.m. or so my eyes pop open and I am wide awake and ready to go. My mind is REELING with thoughts and ideas and I HAVE to get up and work. The first a.m. in Florida I was shopping at Walmart at 4:45 a.m. - that was a lot of fun! The past few mornings I wake up and take my laptop to Starbucks on Marco Island - they open at 6:00 and I'm usually waiting for them. I just sit outside and get on their wireless. Today I'm sitting here waiting for Trent to call, he's going to come meet me for breakfast and a walk on the beach. It's only 7:30 a.m and I've already gotten 2 hours of work done - I LOVE IT!

Hot Flashes also are a side effect. All of the women in my life that are older think that is hilarious. I'm always cold and sleep with 2 blankets on me (even in the summer). I wake up in the middle of the night and it's like a fire inside me. Trent thinks that is hilarious too.

Even with all of this I am SO THANKFUL that I feel good and have so much energy (even if it is artificial). I could be all drugged up and in pain, but instead I am feeling GREAT and getting lots of stuff done. I'm going to have to do some research and figure out how I can get my body to do this naturally - I could get used to this!

0 comments: