CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 29, 2005

Mission Mexico '05 - The highlight of my summer!


What an awesome summer I've had - I was able to take some time off work and spend a lot of time with my family up at our "shack" at Silver Lake in Michigan, and I had some really great "God" moments there (more on that at a later date).

I also had the incredible opportunity/assignment to take a team of 49 people on a missions journey to Monterrey, Mexico and work with Back 2 Back Ministries in serving abandoned children. The team was a combo of students and leaders from Lifeline, the high school youth ministry of Granger Community Church. http://www.gccwired.com . It was a huge task, but one that I feel God has totally been preparing me for all of my life. The trip was a HUGE success and I know that my team definitely made an impact on eternity because of their hard work, sacrfice and love.

Here I am in the picture with one of the little girls from Casa Hogar Manantial de Amor. Yes, that is my wonderful artwork all of her beautiful little face - what an honor and a joy to be able to love on these kids for a whole week. I will talk more about our trip in future "Missions Monday" posts. If you'd like to see more about our trip, go to Corey Mann's site- http://coreymann.blogspot.com/2005_07_01_coreymann_archive.html

0 comments: